Direct replacement for '79~'81 Foxbody Mustang...
This cross member is designed to fit the narrow (2 ¾") mounting bracket of the 79~81 Foxbody Mustangs and requires No modifications. This unique single tube design adds stiffness and strength far beyond that of the OEM versions while offering versatility like no other. Simply slide the mounting sleeves and reposition the spacers to cover both automatic (*PowerGlide & *TH-350) and manual (T-5) applications. Works with OEM and aftermarket transmission mounts; all while maintaining your current pinion angle. Low deflection polyurethane bushings are used in the mounts to dampen driveline vibrations and noise. For racing applications the polyurethane bushings can be replaced by optional solid bushings.
*TH-350 & Power Glide require additional spacing due to a shorter mounting pad height.
Use Stifflers mount adaptor (TM-M02) and transmission mount (300-ES31108G).
- Single tube design for maximum stiffness without excess weight.
- Easily adjust for *PowerGlide, *TH-350 and T-5 transmissions.
- Engineered to maintain pinion angle when using either OEM or aftermarket transmission mounts
- Supplied with polyurethane bushings or can be replaced with solid mounting bushing for racing applications.
- Allows more exhaust clearance than OEM style.
- Direct fit on all 2.75" wide cross member mounts, No modifications required.
Part Number TCB-M06
- 1979 1980 1981 Mustang