**Images May Not be Vehicle Specific. For Display Purposes Only.**
The two primary functions of sway bars are to control body roll and to determine the understeer or oversteer behavior of a vehicle. Stock sway bars have low torsional spring rates because they are manufactured from small diameter bar stock or tubing. BMR Suspension’s SB044 S550 Mustang front sway bar was designed by factoring in the vehicle weight, application, motion ratio, coil spring rate, and adjustability requirements. Manufactured from heavy-wall 35mm DOM tubing, the SB044 is cold formed to better resist torsional fatigue and retain its "memory" far longer than the hot-formed bars used by many competitors. The sway bar is CNC-formed for exact manufacturing tolerances and repeatable high quality. Thrust washers are welded to the bar to locate the sway bar bushing mounts. This is critical as it properly locates the sway bar and prevents lateral movement during hard cornering maneuvers. The sway bar mounts to the car using polyurethane bushings. These bushings are molded from 95-durometer, low-deflection, polyurethane, and are internally fluted to keeps grease in the bushing. The billet aluminum sway bar mounting brackets minimize deflection. The sway bar is 3-way adjustable to tune the amount of torsional spring rate and to determine the handling characteristics (understeer/oversteer) of the vehicle.
BMR Suspension designed the SB044 sway bar for street performance, autocross, and road race applications. The large adjustable sway bar’s three positions give you the versatility to drive to and from the road course or autocross and still out handle the competition with the same sway bar. The SB044 front sway bar gives you a 28%-70% increase in sway bar rate. These rate increases and adjustability allow you to fine-tune the handling characteristics of your S550 Mustang so you can drive harder through corners with minimal body roll. The hollow design allows for loads of strength in the lightest package possible. This means increased performance with no sacrifices. The SB044 attaches to your Mustang with 95-durometer polyurethane bushings, reducing the deflection from the stock rubber bushings. This allows for more sway bar control, and more control equals better handling. When performance is a must, rely on BMR Suspension!
BMR Suspension’s SB044 sway bars are available in black hammertone and red powdercoat for long-lasting good looks. Installation time is about 1-2 hours. Proudly made in the U.S.A.!
- Fits all S550 Mustangs
- Designed for street performance, autocross, and road race applications
- Dramatically reduces body roll
- 28%-70% increase in sway bar rate
- Cold formed to better resist torsional fatigue
- Manufactured from 38mm heavy-wall DOM tubing for increased strength
- Three-way adjustable for street and track use
- Adjustability allows for fine-tuning of suspension
- 95-durometer, greasable polyurethane bushings
- Zinc-plated inner sleeves
- Billet aluminum, black anodized bushings saddles
- Durable powdercoat finish
- 1-hour installation time
- Proudly designed in the U.S.A.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Part #: SB044R - Red, SB044H - Black Hammertone
- 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Mustang GT
- 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Mustang EcoBoost
- 2015 2016 2017 Mustang V6